Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas in Times Square

Okay. I had to speak up. Many of you have probably have seen this pic.
Some folks paid a ton of money to buy this spot to convey their message to the masses. Hey, it's a free country and I can roll with that. But when I look at the orphanages, hospitals, soup kitchens, and worship spaces endowed with pure beauty created by the so-called 'myth-makers'?

Hell, where to I sign up?

And here's why: Cuz it's only in those wild and joyful orphanages, hospitals, soup kitchens and churches that I will truly experience the 'merry'.

I love serving a good meal to everyone. Especially if they may not find one anywhere else.

Who's with me?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Somehow I knew you would be, Florence. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. With you Warren. And to add to your meaningful merry making methods, may I suggest giving a dish to a neighbor you only kind of sort know.

    Priceless.

    Cheers! Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you, gosh last time I checked, freedom of Religion was a right in this country? If that was directed at Muslims, or Hindus, people would be screaming "Hate Crime". I keep my Merry by doing at least one thing that would make a God who sacrificed his son for me proud, it's the very least I can do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely with you! Shanonigans said it perfectly- somehow it's become okay to attack Christians. If those people believe it's a myth, why do they spend so much time and effort (and money!) on it?! Guilt or uncertainty perhaps? It's like catching someone in a lie- they end up digging themselves deeper by over-explaining and trying too hard to convince. The truth doesn't need billboards or harsh words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Amanda! As the Bard once said: "The lady doth protest too much." :-)

      Delete